Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 45 Minutes
150g toasted hazelnuts
280g caster sugar
5 large egg whites
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
300 ml whipped double cream
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
2. Blitz 150g toasted hazelnuts with 100g caster sugar in a food processor.
3. Whisk 5 large egg whites until stiff peaks form, then whisk in 180g caster sugar a tbsp at a time. Fold the nut and sugar mixture and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar into the meringue.
4. Divide between two 20cm sandwich tins lined with lightly oiled baking parchment.
5. Bake for 40-45 mins and cool in the oven. Sandwich the meringues with 300ml whipped double cream and 200g raspberries.
Recipe Credit: BBC Good Food